Friday, February 26, 2010

Been Awhile - and new adventures

Well, It's been awhile since I posted. Life has been so busy lately. I'm feeling better overall. I'm not as depressed and aimless. Guess that's owing to the decision to homeschool my oldest! He was having trouble with anxiety and other factors and so we decided to pull him out of his 3rd quarter at 7th grade and I will teach him for now. We decided to homeschool through 8th grade, and then re-evaluate at that time. It's very possible that we will finish his high school at home as well as homeschool my youngest once he gets to 6th grade (which is middle school here.). Most of the time this week it's been a good thing. We've had one or two small skirmishes, but no huge blow-ups, so that's good. We are both learning together now. I have to learn to teach him, and how he learns, and he needs to learn to treat his "mom" as his "teacher". But he does enjoy having his afternoons free for the most part.

Here's a video I just saw today. Very kewl in my opinion.

2 comments:

  1. oh wishing you the best with homeschooling! I am sure you will soon realize you made the best decision ever! I have homeschooled Noah for awhile now...and have never regreted it! It takes less time and you have more time to do fun things together and free time like for field trips or just anything you decide to do! SO MANY things can be counted towards school time too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's taking a LOT more of my time then his going to public school did. I find I have absolutely NO time to myself anymore, and I feel guilty for wanting to get out on my own. I'm feeling a bit imprisoned right now :(

    ReplyDelete