Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Excerpt from Beth Moore's book

here is an excerpt from the 1st chapter of Beth's book... availble onthis website:

http://www.solonginsecurity.com/

“Women want to be told that they are captivating. That they’re beautiful.
Desirable.”
I won’t deny that. What woman wouldn’t thrive under that
kind of steady affirmation?
But here’s my question: What if no one tells us that? Can
we still find a way to be okay? Or what if he says it because he’s
supposed to, but to be honest, he’s not feeling it? Are we hopeless?
What if a man is not captivated by us? What if he doesn’t
think we’re particularly beautiful? Or, understandably, maybe
just not every day? Are we only secure on his “on” days? What if
he loves us but is not quite as captivated by us as he used to be?
What if his computer is full of images of what he finds attractive,
and we’re light-years from it? What if we’re seventy-five,
and every ounce of desirability is long behind us? Can we still
feel adequate in our media-driven society? Or is it only possible
if our man has gone blind?


Okay, that's it, I'm going to buy this book. I had a hard time pausing from reading the first chapter to post this - I'm reading the first chapter, and then I'm going to go to Walmart or the Christian book store and get this book as fast as I can!

1 comment:

  1. this does sound like a great book! I am going to have to check into it as well!

    ReplyDelete